Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bedtime Brothers

Well, it's not exactly wordless, because this picture needs an introduction. Last night I ventured out -something that, quite frankly, I never do - to meet a friend for some caffeine-free tea and interruption-free conversation. My dear husband was entrusted with the task of putting our children to bed. I hoped to find Donny asleep in his bed upon my return, though I fully anticipated that Hayden would still be wide awake even at 10:30pm, waiting to conduct our familiar bedtime routine. As you can imagine, I was surprised to walk in and find that both children were already sleeping...and even more surprised when I opened my bedroom door.


Well, Daddy DID put them to bed. I guess I never specified whose bed they should occupy.

And occupy is exactly what these brothers did to our bed, until their loving Daddy gently tucked them into their own sleeping spaces. As I drifted off to sleep, I thanked God for an evening blessed by a dear friend, a capable husband, and a precious set of twins in my bed.

But now the LORD my God has given me rest on every side, and there is no adversary or disaster. - 1 Kings 5:4


No comments:

Post a Comment