- She turns the pages of Green Eggs and Ham saying, "I do not like eggs. I do not like eggs, Sam-I-Am."
- She "reads" the toddler Bible by quoting lines from her brothers' recent reading assignments: "God made the world. ...But God was there."
- In the middle of a nap, while still mostly asleep, she suddenly calls out, "1-2-3, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-4-5-6-7!"
- You can't get mad at her for dumping out her beans or crackers when she exclaims, "Let's count them!" and immediately proceeds to do so
- She randomly announces, "Today is Monday" (whether it is or not)
- She doesn't want her own toys when she could "play pennies" with the money in the homeschool coin cup
- When the church nursery teacher seats her at the table and places a white paper towel in front of her, she doesn't realize it's for a snack - she thinks it is paper and says, "May I please have a pencil?"
- She would rather draw lines and circles (or "babies" as she calls her attempts at smiley faces) with a pencil than scribble with crayons
- She points to specific words as she flips through books and asks, "What is that word?"
- All of these instances occur before her second birthday
Happy Birthday to my sweet, smart, funny little girl who has been making us smile for two wonderful years!
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature,
and in favor with God and man.
~ Luke 2:52