Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wordle The Word

I discovered Wordle after seeing an image on a friend's blog that appealed to my inner word lover. When you enter a blog address, the web program scans the page and generates a randomly arranged cloud of words with the most frequently used words appearing larger. I had lots of fun experimenting with different fonts, layouts, and colors for my Lambs In His Arms Wordle. (You can click the images to enlarge.)



If you don't have a blog, you can type in any text to create an original Wordle. To make this one, I pasted the lyrics of my favorite hymn, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.



You could also use a poem, verse, or passage of Scripture. What better words to dwell on than the Word of God! Can you guess what text I used for the Wordle below?



Update August 21: Unfortunately you cannot save a Wordle to your computer through the website, but I downloaded free software called Screenshot Pilot to capture the images. I like that these are much easier to see than the thumbnail links I had before.

Happy Wordling!

May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous.
Psalm 119:172

1 comment:

  1. Great job!! I'm glad you were able to find something that worked. The wordles look awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete