Thursday, February 12, 2009

How to Leave a Comment

One of my favorite things about blogging is reading your comments and joining in the community by commenting on other blogs. What you may not realize is that you don't need to be a Blogger in order to post on comment on Lambs In His Arms. If you have an account with Google, Yahoo, AIM, or a different blog host, you may be able to log in using OpenID. All you need is your OpenID url and password.

If you have a Google account, you can use the same log in name and password to comment on Blogger. Other blog owners can often use their blog url. Since I have a Yahoo account, I found my OpenID under the Review Your Account Information page (click your name on the Yahoo search engine screen for a quick way to get there). In the column to the right is a place to Edit or Create an Open ID. Besides a default url that I would never remember, I was able to create my own OpenID identifier for Lambs In His Arms. I can use this identifier to log into any website that supports OpenID.

AOL users can log in with the OpenID openid.aol.com/yourscreenname here. For a list of other OpenID providers, check out OpenID Status Check. The password is the same one you use for AOL (or Yahoo, etc.).

It may sound complicated, but it's really pretty simple once you figure it out. Now that you know your OpenID, head to the comments page for any post. Under "Choose an identity" you can sign in with your Google account information, or select OpenID to sign in using your WordPress, AOL, Yahoo, or other OpenID account. Type your OpenID url into the box. When you press "Publish your comment" or "Preview," you will be redirected to a confirmation screen where you can type in your password and complete the log in process. Then your comment will be submitted for blog owner approval. Once I have approved it, your comment will be visible to all blog readers. (For another explanation of how to comment with OpenID, try this Blogger article.)

I'm looking forward to hearing from my non-blogging readers, so if you are able to log in, please leave a comment and let me know! :)

7 comments:

  1. Here is a sample comment from an OpenID!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - our last name rhymes with bra-ga.

    although i like the close spelling to Fraggle, and how it was my favorite show when I was little.

    Fraga rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Manda!
    What a great blog! Thanks for responding to my post on the HAH web forum. I'm glad that someone else is here with me in this blog world! I'd love to get to get together sometime if you are up for it. my contact info. is on the forum page. Blessings!
    Di Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Manda,

    Not sure if you remember me, but we went to school together. I came across your blog and it is great! Interesting, inspiring and just great. You have a beautiful family.

    In His Love,

    Jenna Jones (Stein)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenna, I do remember you! Thanks for checking out my blog, and for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete